(Week 65) December 3, 2019
12 Step All Addictions Big Book Study Workshop
Our website is: www.12stepstudyworkshop.weebly.com
To listen to the recording online and for these questions:
Call back number: 641 715 3900 pin no. 95666# (available for a week)
Press 2 to rewind. Press 3 to fast forward 30 seconds. Press 8 to pause.
Thursday’s literature workshop at 8am EST.
To hear the recording: 641 715 3900 pin no. 298913#
The Anonymous Press (800) 800 4398 anonpress.org publishes a
Big Book study version with a blank sheet opposite each page of text + Big Book dictionaries and for AA 12 x 12.
Trust and Rely Workshop (Steps 10, 11 & 12)
To hear recordings of this call: 641-715-3900, pin 97200#
Summary of Steps 1, 2 & 3
Part 1 - pin 235934#
Part 2 - pin 578290#
To receive the questions each week go to: 12stepstudyworkshop.weebly.com
Scroll down to the bottom of the home page where there is space to write your name and email address and also space to ask for a buddy. If you are already a member and want a buddy, email Debbie: Debbieelaine1@gmail.com.
Donations for the upkeep of the website:
PO Box 531,
North Pembroke MA 02358
Our open study buddy groups on Sundays and Tuesdays are for reading your written answers to our soul work each week. Everyone is welcome to attend these open study buddy groups. They both use the same number and code:
Sundays 11 a.m. EST and Tuesdays 6:30 a.m. EST at (319) 527-3511 code 587213.
This Week's Soul Work:
Chapter 2 in the AA Big Book, "There is a Solution," page 27 paragraph 1 through paragraph 4. Definitions: Look up chronic, alcoholic, exception, vital, phenomenon, displacement, huge
1. Workshop 10-minutes: Read once more page 27 paragraph 2 to the end of paragraph 4. Take something from these paragraphs and write about them. What has hit you of what was said today in the workshop or in this reading, to identify with?
2. What is your definition of vital spiritual experience? Have you had one? If you have, write in detail about your vital spiritual experience. If you haven't, do you know of someone who has? Ask them to share with you about their vital spiritual experience.
3. Go back to Bill's Story and find his description of his vital spiritual experience, and write out what happened to him.
4. We identify with others, never compare. We get from God what we're supposed to get. Do you agree with this?
5. Do you have a resentment against God because you haven't had a vital spiritual experience?
6. Look up the words displacement and huge. In paragraph 4, read the sentence "They appear..." How does this sentence fit your experience?
7. Write this out: We have to be careful of using Big Book words as judgments (as in "huge"). Their words may not describe your words. What are your words?
8. Quiet time accountability: How did you do this week in your quiet time practice?
Our live phone meetings are every Tuesday at 8:00 AM EST. The phone number for these live meetings is (712) 775-7031, and the meeting ID number is 714744988#.
P O Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
You can listen to our recorded meetings at (641) 715-3900, pin 95666# for our Tuesday Big Book Step Study workshop. You can also hear our Thursday Big Book Study recordings at (641) 715-3900, pin 298913#. These meetings can be accessed at any time.