Soul Work Thursday 1/10/2013
Chapter 3: More About Alcoholism page 40 from middle of second paragraph:
‘I reasoned I was not so far advanced as most of you fellows…’
until page 41 the end of first paragraph:
‘…Then came the hospital and unbearable mental and physical suffering.’
Underline subtle insanity (line 19, page 40).
1. Constant vigilance in our spiritual disciplines will give us the eyes to see and the ears to hear subtle insanity. Write on that.
2. Now that I’ve really talked about this, are you really living with any subtle insanity in your life? And if you are what is your action plan around it?
I felt I had every right to be self-confident, that it would by only a matter of exercising my will power and keeping on guard.
3. What do you think about the word self-confidence?
[Definition of self-confident: you have the ability to exercise your own will power and to keep on guard your thoughts.]
What do you think about replacing it with the word humility?
Own this sentence.
4. Can you exercise your will power? (40:2) Can you keep on guard?
5. Can you relate to this binge? (41:1) and if you can, did you experience unbearable mental suffering and unbearable physical suffering?, and write on it.
Our live phone meetings are every Thursday at 8:00 AM EST. The phone number for these live meetings is (712) 775-7031, and the meeting ID number is 714744988#.
P O Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
You can listen to our recorded meetings at (641) 715-3900, pin 95666# for our Thursday Big Book Step Study workshop. You can also hear our Tuesday Big Book Study recordings at (641) 715-3900, pin 298913#. These meetings can be accessed at any time.