(Week 6) 16 October 2018
12 Step Study Big Book All Addictions Workshop
Our website is:
To listen to the recording online, and to find these questions online, go to:
Call back number: 641 715 3900 pin no. 95666# (available for a week)
Our All Addictions Big Book workshop is now held every Tuesday, and the previous Tuesday AA Literature meeting has moved to the Thursday time slot.
Both meetings will continue to start at 8 am, same telephone number and pin code as usual for both. (To listen to the recording of the literature meeting: 641 715 3900 pin no. 298913#)
The Thursday Big Book all addictions meeting runs for 90 minutes.
There are 45 minutes of Stephanie talking followed by the group writing for
10 minutes on a question. Then members share their writing. The workshop will finish at 9.30 am EST.
Once again, the call back number to listen to this week's recording is: 641 715 3900 pin no. 95666# (available for one week).
Big Book available:
The Anonymous Press (800) 800 4398 anonpress.org
Publishes a Big Book study version with a blank sheet opposite each page of text.
Also Big Book and AA 12 x 12 dictionaries.
Soul work and members’ list:
To receive the questions each week by email, go to 12stepstudyworkshop.weebly.com
Scroll down to the bottom of the website's home page where there is space to put your name and email address and request for a buddy.
To make changes, or to put in a buddy request after you are already on the member list, email Debbie at Debbieelaine1@gmail.com.
If you see a way to send a donation every month, once a quarter, annually, it would really help for the website upkeep and for Debbie's services.
Send to Stephanie at:
PO Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
Open Study Buddy Group is on Sundays at 11 a.m. EST : (319) 527-3511, code 587213.
This week's challenge to members: Start a second open group using same number and pin. Decide on a day and time.
Guidelines for buddy groups: Rotate chairperson, open with Serenity Prayer, roll call, take turns reading each question, say "listening" if you want to pass on reading, close the meeting after readings finished, every three months have a business meeting.
Soul Work October 16, 2018
Reading: Page XXVI, The Doctor's Opinion,
"The doctor's theory...jittery or befogged."
Group question to write on for 10 minutes:
Who 12 stepped you? When? What did they say? How did it feel when they reached out to you? And are you reaching out to others today? Are you giving your program away?
Assignment for this week: Write them a thank you note, read it to God, read it to your buddy.
1. Are you a lone wolf today?
2. Look up "allergy." Write the definition.
3. Do you believe that a person recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body, still has an allergy?
4. Do you have an allergy to certain substances? What are they?
5. Does having an allergy interest you?
6. Do you believe when you're helping someone new that you have to be very careful helping them with a food plan, because everyone is different? (Invitation: Stephanie will help anyone with a food plan; call or text her at 617-774-7916).
7. As laymen, we are not professionals. What does that mean to you?
8. Write this down: "I am responsible whenever anyone puts out their hand for help. Or, to not harm them." What is it like for you to reach out to someone?
9. Write this down: "The double edge sword is you do the physical activity (ingest) and get the endorphins from the behavior. The other side of the sword is mental obsession and acting it out. Write out two examples in your life of how this happens for you.
10. What has to happen to prevent a binge (or other behavior)? Go to God, and then accountability, action plan, and pray, service, and gratitude. Write on that.
11. Look up altruistic. Write the definition.
Our live phone meetings are every Tuesday at 8:00 AM EST. The phone number for these live meetings is (712) 775-7031, and the meeting ID number is 714744988#.
P O Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
You can listen to our recorded meetings at (641) 715-3900, pin 95666# for our Tuesday Big Book Step Study workshop. You can also hear our Thursday Big Book Study recordings at (641) 715-3900, pin 298913#. These meetings can be accessed at any time.