(week 106) 9th of January 2014 Big Book Step Study Workshop
AA 12&12 p. 28 middle of para 2: “The roadblocks of indifference, fancied self-sufficiency, prejudice, and defiance…” Until
p. 29 near end of top paragraph: “We were still sure that we ought to be fairly honest, tolerant, and just, that we ought to be ambitious and hardworking.”
(1) Concerning Stephanie’s Q3b of last week
( Jan. 2, ’14) – ‘ Do you have in your life an accountability partner who is willing to tell you that you are playing God in your life?’ –
STEPHANIE WISHES TO TELL YOU THAT:IF YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO RECOGNIZES THEY NEED GUIDANCE, IT WOULD PUT A MONKEY-WRENCH INTO THE RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER TO GET ( ideally constructive) CRITICISM FROM THEM RATHER THAN JUST THEIR WITNESSING & ENCOURAGEMENT.
SO – BETTER TO USE SOMEONE ELSE, OTHER THAN YOUR ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER, FOR GUIDANCE/ CRITICISM.
Q1a) Where are You:
– Are you in the RELIGIOUS place that says the existence of G-d CAN be proved?
– Are you in the AGNOSTIC place that says it CAN’T be proved and I Don’t Trust G-d?
– Are you in the ATHEISTIC place that claims proof of the NON- existence of G-d?
– OR: Are you in the HP place- just Very Confused how to USE your Higher Power?
Or – Are you anything inbetween?
1b) Are you in a dilemma of “profound confusion” NOW?
(AA 12&12 p. 28 para 2 end sentence 6)
c) If not, tell your story of HOW YOU were &
HOW G-d led You to Your foundation of conviction Today.
Q2) Can you relate to the word DRIFTER?
(AA 12&12 p. 28- last para 1st sentence).
Q3) How many of you, IN your addiction, were ” fairly honest, tolerant, and just, … ambitious and hardworking”?
Q4) Do you believe that any ONE addiction is
MORE serious than another? Where are you in your prejudice?
THIS is GOOD PRACTICE: Write
(c/o Stephanie) –
-” I commit to going to my HP ( howEVER I’m clear about who/what my HP is ) when I am in confusion about what to do next or when I need comfort.
– And I will go to this HP every day and I will LISTEN to what this HP wants me to know about it/ Him/ Her.
– And I will go to this HP whenever I need comfort/ am in confusion/ just need to talk.”
Our live phone meetings are every Thursday at 8:00 AM EST. The phone number for these live meetings is (712) 775-7031, and the meeting ID number is 714744988#.
P O Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
You can listen to our recorded meetings at (641) 715-3900, pin 95666# for our Thursday Big Book Step Study workshop. You can also hear our Tuesday Big Book Study recordings at (641) 715-3900, pin 298913#. These meetings can be accessed at any time.