Big Book Step Study Soul Work; Thursday November 29, 2012
Page 32 Beginning of paragraph 1 – Page 33 end of paragraph 1
1) ‘Keep your eyes on your own recovery’. Write about what that means given what Stephanie explained about moderate, problem and real alcoholics.
2) “We have heard of a few instances where people, who showed definite signs of alcoholism, were able to stop for long periods of time because of an overpowering desire to do so”.
Put your story into this. Have you put something down and resolved to not do it again?
3) When you have an overpowering urge to do something, what is your plan of action going to be?
4) Take the story on page 32, paragraph 2:
6) Do you see the parallel nature of grace and psychic change?
7) Do you believe that will power can be used for recovery?
8) How do you use your will power? Do you use your will power?
9) Where are you today? Explore the question of will power in order to explain to your sponsees.
10) What does it mean to have a particular mental twist already acquired? (Middle pp 33:2)
11) How are you doing on your Quiet Time?
Our live phone meetings are every Thursday at 8:00 AM EST. The phone number for these live meetings is (712) 775-7031, and the meeting ID number is 714744988#.
P O Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
You can listen to our recorded meetings at (641) 715-3900, pin 95666# for our Thursday Big Book Step Study workshop. You can also hear our Tuesday Big Book Study recordings at (641) 715-3900, pin 298913#. These meetings can be accessed at any time.