Week #255, November 17, 2016
AA 12 & 12, Step 9, pages 85-87
AA 12 & 12, Tradition 9, page 172
Look up: “forthright”
1) Are you delaying making amends because of fear? (page 87)
If yes, are you willing to take it to quiet time, bring it God, and write about it?
Expand on what your fear is.
2) Are you willing for the readiness to take the full consequences for your past acts?
a) How will you do this?
b) Are you willing to take responsibility for the well-being of others? (page 86, revealing harmful behaviors to others) TMI
c) How will you know when you are not acting for the well-being of others?
3) Write summary in your own words of “what the very spirit of Step 9” is (page 87, end of paragraph)
“…the readiness to take the full consequences of our past acts, and to take responsibility for the well-being of others at the same time…”
12 & 12, Step 9, page 84, last paragraph
Look up: “prudence”
1) What is your attitude about breaking your anoniminity regarding being in the 12 Step program. Are you comfortable telling people?
Explore the reasons,because you are going to make a decision what you’ll say when you approach the person you are making amends to, and you need to be at peace with yourself.
1a) If so, why?
1b) If not, why?
No Judgements around this~its good to find out where you are at.
2a) In the atmosphere of approval, ar you apt to get thrown off balance?
2b) In the atmosphere of disapproval or criticism, are you apt to get thrown off balance?
3) Look at your motives: are you making amends for other people’s reactions to you, or are you doing it in sincerity, for rightness with yourself, God, and that other person within your own heart?
4) Are you resting on your own laurels (pg 85), or are you really living in steps 10, 11, and 12?
Search your own conscience, bring it to God, and write about it. (for those of us who have already gotten to steps 10, 11, and 12)
Apologize right away when you slip up~lot easier than dragging that baggage along with you.
Our live phone meetings are every Thursday at 8:00 AM EST. The phone number for these live meetings is (712) 775-7031, and the meeting ID number is 714744988#.
P O Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
You can listen to our recorded meetings at (641) 715-3900, pin 95666# for our Thursday Big Book Step Study workshop. You can also hear our Tuesday Big Book Study recordings at (641) 715-3900, pin 298913#. These meetings can be accessed at any time.