Week 260 December 22, 2016
BB p. 85 para 1, entire paragraph:
“It is easy to let up… “How can I best serve Thee…the proper use of our will.”
(For What it means to be spiritually fit
See BB p.84-88)
Look up: laurels, reprieve
Stephanie’s 11-point list of
What It Takes To Stay Spiritually Fit:
(1) pray constantly – each moment being in conscious contact with God.
(2) meditate daily – on a spiritual or recovery concept ( e.g. on AA approved literature).
(3) read Twelve Step literature daily.
(4) give the Spiritual program away – the whole program is spiritual!
(5) talk daily to Twelve Step people (e.g. your buddy, accountability partners)
(6) do service in your group(s) – (e.g. sweeping the floor; serving the coffee; even just opening the door for those coming in)
(7) when at a meeting- participate.
(e.g. say your name; ask a question; make a comment- even if you only come to this one meeting)
(8) staying up-to-date with resentments, fears, selfish motives (=Step Ten inventory)
(9) stay rigorously honest (=100% honest with yourself and others)
(10) surrendering ‘my will’ to God and whatever that means ( for each of us, individually) physically and emotionally.
(11) do what you have to do to be at peace with yourself and others (e.g. if you need to make an amend; if you have to do something different – like accepting that you need another, additional program = surrendering to the fact that you have another problem.)
[There will be a meeting next Th. Dec. 29,
Steps 10, 11, and 12 are all about the joy of being a human Being, not a human do-ing;
about learning from God how to live in this world – to accept that we are not perfect, that life is not a race, that we do make mistakes, and to accept ourselves, in balance.
When you fall, just pick urself up and dust yourself off and move on, forward.
Whenever we fall, God is always there to pick us up; we’re never done for.
Big Book, page 84, Paragraph 2
Look up: vigorous
Suggestion: continue to take a personal inventory Step 10 guarantees we don’t bring our addicted past into the present.
1. Write on sentence #1: “This thought brings us to…which suggests…”
a. What does “suggest” mean to you, after hearing Stephanie’s account?
b.Are you willing to take personal inventory on a minute to minute basis?
c. Do you see the benefit of taking personal inventory in the moment?
d. Do a spot check: am I fearful, resentful, angry….of what…
2. Write about a recent mistake you set right within minutes, an hour, a day. If not s recent time, write about one from the past.
Or, play out a scenario of something that happened in the last week and envision how you would handle it.
3. Are you vigorously commencing this way of life, continuing Step 9, and taking inventory (Step 10)? Ask God to show you where you have gone off the track.
Direct work towards understanding where other people’s feelings come from, and not coming from our own past. It’s no longer all about us.
Our live phone meetings are every Tuesday at 8:00 AM EST. The phone number for these live meetings is (712) 775-7031, and the meeting ID number is 714744988#.
P O Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
You can listen to our recorded meetings at (641) 715-3900, pin 95666# for our Tuesday Big Book Step Study workshop. You can also hear our Thursday Big Book Study recordings at (641) 715-3900, pin 298913#. These meetings can be accessed at any time.