Soul Work Thursday 7/26/2012
Chapter 2: There is a Solution; Page 18 paragraphs 4 and 5
Words: deportment, sincere, desire, helpful
1) Do you hope that someday, you’ll be a recovered addict?
Write thoughts and feeling s about the controversy of recovered versus recovering in my Step One Fellowship.
2) In this Chapter, There is a Solution, how does this tie into the first paragraph in the Forward of the Big Book. “We, of Alcoholics Anonymous, are more than one hundred men and women who have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body.”
3) Recount in your own words the analogy of the beautiful car and the engine going nowhere; self will-versus aligning with God’s will.
4) As a sponsor in your Step One Fellowship, what does it look like to be an encourager with boundaries?
5) Take each one of my Sponsee’s and ask is my motive with them a sincere desire to help?
6) If someone is approaching you, do you know what you’re talking about?
a) Does your whole deportment shout you are the man or women with the answers?
b) Do you have an attitude of holier than thou?
c) Have you ever wanted anything but a sincere desire to be helpful?
d) Have you expected a sponsee to pay a fee?
e) Have you had an axe to grind?
f) Have you fallen into people pleasing?
g) Have you fallen into lectures with sponsees?
Soul Work Thursday 7/19/2012
Chapter 2: There is a Solution; Page 18 paragraph 1- 4 start of the last sentence of the first paragraph: ‘It brings misunderstanding, fierce resentment, financial insecurity…’until end of fourth, italicized paragraph ‘…Until such an understanding is reached, little or nothing can be accomplished.’
Words: isolator and isolate
Buddy and Buddy Group Guidelines:
1) Has your illness of self centeredness popped up in the last two days?
How did you play God in someone else’s life?
How did your selfishness crop up?
2) How did you want your life to be different?
3) Did you want to go back out into your addiction?
Did you go back to your addiction?
4) Write about each of these in turn.
When you were active did it bring misunderstanding?
disgusted friends and employers?
warped lives of blameless children?
sad spouses/relationships and parents?
5) What is the solution today July 19, 2012? Name it and claim it. (name your addiction and claim your solution)
(28) 12 July 2012 Big Book Step Study Workshop
From the start of There Is A Solution on page 17 through to line six on page 18:
‘It ungulfs all whose lives touch the sufferer’s.’
Q1: Recovery is spiritual, physical and emotional and the spiritual part of the programme is thinking of myself last and turning to God to be of use in God’s world.
Put in action plans for the physical, emotional and the spiritual solutions.
Page 60: ‘…make clear three pertinent ideas:
a) That we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives.
b) That probably no human power could have relieved our alcoholism.
c) That God could and would if He were sought.
This is the solution living a, b, c. knowing it, accepting it and writing about it.
look up: annihilation
Q2. What is being annihilated that is worthwhile in your life?
Write an action plan for how you want to change what is being annihilated in our life.
It (our illness) engulfs all those lives touch the sufferer’s.
Q3. Whose life did you engulf when you were active? And now in recovery whose life is being negatively engulfed by your recovery?
Q4. What does ‘spiritually fit’ look to you today?
Soul work July 5th 2012
There is a solution, top of page 17-1st sentence of page 18
Words to look up:
1) What does it mean in your own words to be recovered.
2)What are u going to do if someone questions you about saying you’re recovered (as opposed to recovering)?
3) What problems have you solved today with the help of God?
4) Do you have a feeling that having shared a common peril is one element in the powerful cement which binds us?
5) List the people who are in your lifeboat.
6) An illness of this sort (top of page 18) How would you describe it in your life?
7) Are you more in the physical, emotional or spiritual or all three?
Our live phone meetings are every Tuesday at 8:00 AM EST. The phone number for these live meetings is (712) 775-7031, and the meeting ID number is 714744988#.
P O Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
You can listen to our recorded meetings at (641) 715-3900, pin 95666# for our Tuesday Big Book Step Study workshop. You can also hear our Thursday Big Book Study recordings at (641) 715-3900, pin 298913#. These meetings can be accessed at any time.