Soul Work Thursday 7/26/2012
Chapter 2: There is a Solution; Page 18 paragraphs 4 and 5
Words: deportment, sincere, desire, helpful
1) Do you hope that someday, you’ll be a recovered addict?
Write thoughts and feeling s about the controversy of recovered versus recovering in my Step One Fellowship.
2) In this Chapter, There is a Solution, how does this tie into the first paragraph in the Forward of the Big Book. “We, of Alcoholics Anonymous, are more than one hundred men and women who have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body.”
3) Recount in your own words the analogy of the beautiful car and the engine going nowhere; self will-versus aligning with God’s will.
4) As a sponsor in your Step One Fellowship, what does it look like to be an encourager with boundaries?
5) Take each one of my Sponsee’s and ask is my motive with them a sincere desire to help?
6) If someone is approaching you, do you know what you’re talking about?
a) Does your whole deportment shout you are the man or women with the answers?
b) Do you have an attitude of holier than thou?
c) Have you ever wanted anything but a sincere desire to be helpful?
d) Have you expected a sponsee to pay a fee?
e) Have you had an axe to grind?
f) Have you fallen into people pleasing?
g) Have you fallen into lectures with sponsees?
Our live phone meetings are every Tuesday at 8:00 AM EST. The phone number for these live meetings is (712) 775-7031, and the meeting ID number is 714744988#.
P O Box 531
North Pembroke MA 02358
You can listen to our recorded meetings at (641) 715-3900, pin 95666# for our Tuesday Big Book Step Study workshop. You can also hear our Thursday Big Book Study recordings at (641) 715-3900, pin 298913#. These meetings can be accessed at any time.